Saturday, February 16, 2008

Truly a Lesser Evil


Back in the old days, I used to love those plain Andy Capp Fries. Not the hot ones or the cheddar ones but the good old original ones. Well, they don't make those anymore..just the hot ones and the cheddar ones. I have found a replacement!!!
I was at my local Costco a week ago and saw these Krinkle Sticks snacks by a company called Lesser Evil. I always like to give new food a try so I bought a bag. And last night I went out and bought 2 more that I hid in my car until my husband left. I am addicted.
These look like Krinkle cut french fries but taste just like those Andy Capp fries..even better. There's no crap in them..only potato (flakes, starch), sea salt, white pepper and garlic powder and some sort of oil..sunflower I think.
Anyway only 2.5 grams of fat in one serving. One serving is like a huge amount of these things. They are sooooo good. They are light and crispy..not overly salty..just the right amount of salt. And they have good flavor thanks to the few spices they use. These are in no way greasy or overdone. Upon first bite, you actually taste a true French Fry. Warning though, get a bowl. I've been like eating these things non stop for quite a few days.
The huge bag I got at Costco was about $6 or so. I have never seen them or heard of them before but I went to the website and you can get these snacks at Whole Foods and Wegman's. If you goto the site, you can search by state and it'll tell you which stores in your state sell their snacks. Apparently they also make Kettle Korn. From the descriptions, I have to track these down and try them too. I promise you, find these Krinkle Sticks and give them a try, you will not regret it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i bought these at my local Stop&Shop and had the same reaction -- serious yum and without the serious remorse. i'm totally addicted to lesserevil!