Sunday, December 13, 2009

Now Showing....Cool Jewelry!

Lately I've been finding some good marketing ideas from new Indie etailers I've come across on Etsy. It's cool to see how some of these stores are making products with unique ideas and concepts. This time it's jewelry from Now Showing Studios on Etsy. Melanie, the genius behind the designs, has taken the idea of movies and combined it with jewelry to create a really cool product. She's taken snippets from DVD movie rental cards (the ones that are behind the cases when they get rented out) and transforms them into some really neat pieces.


She has them separated by genre in her shop. Like Anime, horror, Cartoon, Sci Fi etc and you can find necklaces, earrings and bracelets. She adds coordinating beads and things to make the pieces even more one of a kind. Especially the necklaces.





This is the necklace I picked out and in case you can't figure out the snippet, it's from the Power Puff Girls. I just thought it was cool :-). I like how she uses bits and pieces so you have to sometimes think to figure out what movie it's from. Some are kind of obvious like the one below...and if you can't figure out what movie it is I can't help you.







I also was lucky enough to get a pair of earrings and some of her bracelets. The bracelets I got are memories gone wild for me...she uses those black rubber bracelets that I had a ton of in the 1980s..love them! And the earrings I got were from a Hello Kitty movie...each one is a side of her whiskered head :-).
There are just so many jewelry stores on Etsy now and it's almost mandatory that you come up with your own unique ideas to help you stand out from the crowd. I like what Melanie has done with this store. It's very unique and it's a clever idea. The pieces range from $15 to $30 and if you have a movie buff to buy for this Christmas, this might be that unique gift you're looking for! You can click the links in this post or just click on the Now Showing banner in my Shop Shop Shop section and you'll be taken straight there. Happy shopping!

No comments: