Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Soak in the Hemp

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from Christie at Bath Desserts. I took a look at her site and I got to tell you it intrigued me. All of her bath and body products contain Hemp seed oil. I've never used a product with Hemp seed oil before.


Here's what the site says about Hemp seed oil:
"Hemp seed oil is the most nutrient dense plant oil on Earth, made up of 80% essential fatty acids that naturally match the skin’s own lipid ratio. This property, unique to Hemp seed oil alone allows for a non-greasy, deep cellular hydration treatment, promoting a healthy and youthful appearance. ...Hemp seed oil has an ideal 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids, perfectly mimicking the needs of the human body. The reason hemp is so effective is because of the essential fatty acids (EFAs) it contains. More than 75% of the EFAs in hemp seed oil are poly-unsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), and are known for their excellent moisturizng properties. "

Interesting facts that I did not know at all. So I told Christie I'd love to try out some of her products.

What I received was really cool...she sent me a Pineapple Fizz Ball, Body Melt Truffles, Peppermint Lip Balm, Sugar Scrub and Body Butter.

I was really impressed with the Fizz Ball and the Body Melt Truffles. The Fizz Ball is just like a bath bomb but has the hemp seed oil in it. As soon as I stepped into the tub, the moisture of that hemp seed oil hit me immediately. The tub water was just infused with it and my skin felt silky soft right away. No other bath bomb type product I've used has ever done that..very impressive! There are 5 ounce Fizz Balls that cost $5 and 10 ounce (gosh that must be huge) for $10.
The Body Melt Truffles are incredible! First of all, they come in this box and it's set up just like a box of chocolates. Then when you open the box these little goodies look just like truffles from the chocolate shop. After a shower I took one of these truffles and smoothed it on my skin. One truffle is good for an entire body application. It went on smoothly and really felt good. I've had lotion bars before and some of them are hard to use and get going. These flowed easily over my skin and left it feeling silky soft. Really really incredible stuff. I'm hoarding the rest now because I like them so much lol. The Body Melt Truffles go for $15 for 6 of them and remember you only need one for your entire body (I guess if you're the same size as me though) and the moisture lasts a good long time.
Even the lip balm is fantastic. It's got really just a few simple ingredients. It's made with Hemp seed butter, mango butter, beeswax, vanilla and peppermint oil. You can really get that peppermint tingle on your lips. Plus a little goes a long way and it lasts a good long time. I found that this lip balm lasted longer than my other ones that I've bought from Indie Etailers. Now if Christie could put this is a tube form, I'd be in heaven! The lip balm costs $5, but like I said a little tiny bit goes a long way so this will last you alot longer than you think.
I'd like to thank Christie for letting me know about Bath Desserts. ( I always love finding out about etailers that I haven't found yet. ) So, go ahead and go soak in some hemp...seed oil that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. The truffles lotion idea is intriguing!