Monday, March 24, 2008

Butter My Beans


Butter Beans. Isn't that the cutest name for a bath product? I think so. Butter Beans are moisturizing bath fizzies made by Vintage Body Spa shaped like large beans.


I'm a bath person so I'm always looking for good bath products. I can't use bubble bath cause it causes me problems (don't even think about asking me!)..so I tend to go for bath salts, bath fizzies and tub truffles. Tub truffles, I like but they tend to leave me and my tub feeling greasy. I love bath bombs/fizzies but never really feel moisturized coming out of the tub (plus some have way too much coloring and it can be disturbing to have bright red water ya know!).

Enter the aforementioned Butter Beans. These are a neat combination of the tub truffle and the bath fizzie. The sodium bicarbonate gives you the fizz and the cocoa butter gives you the truffle part. No excess coloring, no oil slick in the tub, but soft skin coming out.

You need about 3-4 of these in the bath once the tub is about 1/4 - 1/3 full. The fizz out at the usual bath fizzie rate. Since they are smaller than the average bath bomb, they are supposed to fizz out sooner.

The scent I got is Vanilla Chai. It's just right..not to light and not chokingly overscented. ...you know what I mean. And, it's true to it's name. What I expect Vanilla Chai to smell like, that's what my Butter Beans smell like.

I've used these for 3 baths now and I still have half of the jar left. $14 at Vintage Body Spa, which has so much more to offer beside my lil butta beans!

No comments: