Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dancing Dingo Dances into My Life



Awhile back, I received an email from Dancing Dingo regarding their products. I was more than happy to try them out and of course post my review. I was sent some amazing body products including their Shea Butter Hand Cream, Shea Butter Lip Balm, Cocoa & Shea Butter Hand & Body Lotion and a Temple Blend Aromatherapy Oil (which came in the most beautiful little bottle). I'd like to personally thank Kathy at Dancing Dingo for her generosity.



The Shea Butter Hand Cream is by far my favorite. This cream is like silk. It's thick and rich but just glides onto the skin and absorbs very quickly with no greasy feel. I've been using it at night on both my hands and feet. It makes my skin feel soft for quite a few hours. And, my hands and feet are the worst dry skin areas I have, especially in the winter. The fact that my hands have stayed soft and supple really means alot. Usually, this time of year, my hands are dry and look like 60 year old hands. This cream really improved the feel, look and texture of the skin on my hands. I am very impressed. The ingredients include Aloe Vera gel, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea butter, Jojobal oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil and lavender essential oil. I have really taken a fancy to Lavender lately and this cream has a nice, light Lavender scent. A good sized jar of this lovely stuff will run you about $10, but you need to realize that you don't need to use alot each time. A little bit is more than enough. I love this stuff!!


The Cocoa & Shea Butter Hand & Body Lotion is not as thick and rich as the cream. But, I really like using this during the day. I only used the thick cream at night or when my hands were really bad. It's a less intense which I used and still use throughout the day. I have a 2 year old so I'm always changing diapers and using hand sanitizer. To counteract that sanitizer dryness, I kept the pump bottle of this lotion right next to the hand sanitizer. The scent I received was Rosemary Mint, and it is such a refreshing and energizing fragrance. It's a really good pick me up during the day when I start to run down (I have all boys and I get run down!). An 8 oz. bottle is $11 and a 16 oz is $20. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I still have a good amount left. Even though it's a less intense moisturizer, a little bit is still all you need to refresh your skin instantly.


The Shea Butter Lip Balm is to my lips as the Hand Cream is to my hands. I received a 1/2 oz pot filled with lip balm in Mandarin Orange flavor. The flavor is just right, just enough of that orange to make it perfect. It's not too strong but not too weak either. Like the hand cream, this lip balm is like silk on my lips. I found that I only need a tiny bit of it each time. Ingredients include: Sweet almond oil, shea butter, cocoa butter and organic Carrot Seed extract (a new ingredient to me in lip balm). Now, I received a pot of lip balm..but on the site you can buy it in the tube form for $3.95. I just perused the flavor list and I really gotta try the Pink Champagne..that sounds too good not to.

A good amount Dancing Dingo's products are Vegan and PETA approved. There's nothing artificial in the ingredients, and that's always a plus for me. There is quite a large variety of products there also including products for baby, products for your pooch and home fragrance. I am truly sold on the Hand Cream and the Lip Balm, so I have a new etailer I plan on being loyal to.





No comments: