Thursday, January 31, 2008

Disquieting Designs


Recently, Megan from Disquieting Designs, got in touch with me about her bath and body products. Being that she is also from Pittsburgh, we consoled each other in the Steelers Loss and she sent me some samples of her wonderful products.

N0w, I've said before, that I love soaps that don't smell like soap. Even some of the best smelling soaps out there can still have that "soap" smell after you lather up. Not so with the Pink Grapefruit soap I received from Megan. It was a nice pink color and lathered up really well. The fragrance was citrusy with a smidgen of floral, very nice. And, that fragrance remained during lathering. That is always a plus for me. The soaps are $5 a slice.

Megan also sent me one of her solid lotion bars in Toasted Marshmallow. The fragrance was light but nice. Now, I am not partial to lotion bars myself. Some of the ones I've gotten in the past were either difficult to maneuver or hard to hold. This one, however, is in a tube! Maybe there are more stores out there that do this, but this is the first time I have seen a solid lotion in a tube. Much easier to use and much better at getting my skin moisturized. This was really useful on those knees and elbows. $6 for a tube of the Toasted Marshmallow and $8.50 for Lavender.

Lastly, the Lip Balm. Megan sent me one of her shea lip balms in Peppermint. Peppermint is always a good lip balm flavor and I love it. At first the lip balm was a little hard, but once it warms up it is as smooth as silk. I used it for a few weeks and I thought it was pretty good. I'm a lip balm addict so when I can apply one that lasts for a good while, I'm happy. And Disquieting Designs lip balm lasted. The lip balms come in 7 flavors and cost $3.50.

There's alot more to Disquieting Designs that I will probably have to try and post again. I'm always a sucker for bath and body products. Take a peek and see if you find something new.

No comments: