Friday, March 30, 2007

Enviga: The New Drink You Shouldn't Waste Money On!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was really skeptical when this new "tea" drink came out. Enviga! Oooh it sounds so fantastical I wondered what it was all about. Lol. Apparently this new drink by Coca Cola products guarantees that you will actually burn calories by drinking it. How can that be you ask? Well, I thought the same thing and did some reading on it. Apparently you only burn 60-100 calories by drinking 3 CANS of Enviga. That's right you have to drink 3 cans of this stuff to burn between 60-100 calories. How rediculous is that.

On the other hand, I am a tea drinker and I know that Green Tea, which this is made from, is very very good for you. And, this Enviga is supposed to have more ECGC (the powerful antioxidant in Green Tea) than any other "ready to drink Green Tea". Oh and it is a sparkling green tea product to boot. It comes in three flavors: Green tea, peach and berry. My local grocery store had the individual cans on sale for $1 a piece so I bought 2, one in peach and one in berry. I chilled them down in the fridge and then tried the berry. This was the most God awful tasting thing I've had in a very long time. You can taste the Aspartame big time (too bad they didn't use Splenda) and the aftertaste is just gross, nasty and a bunch of other words I just can't say in my blog. All I can say is I'm glad it was only $1 a can and that I only bought 2. The peach flavored one was not any better.
They actually weren't too bad on the first couple of sips but as you keep drinking the flavor just gets worse and worse.
It would be better to just brew your own green tea (and you can buy Green Tea leaves in all sorts of flavors..just see my friends at SBS Teas) and sweeten it to your liking. You can make iced green tea as well or if all you want is the ECGC, there are many supplements on the market.

So, it tastes awful. You have to drink 3 cans a day to burn a maximum of 100 calories (umm like go for a walk around the block) and there's even a lawsuit pending on the claims made about this product (gotta love Wikipedia!). So I higly recommend you avoid this altogether. As I mentioned, if you want Green Tea, see my friend Rachel at www.sbsteas.com. She has a great variety of Green Tea and I'm sure you'll find something much better than this garbage being sold in stores.

No comments: