Monday, July 2, 2007

Greeting Cards that Actually Greet You!

So awhile ago I had a wedding to goto as you all know and I had a birthday coming up so I thought I do something different and shop for cards online instead of at Target.

In my search I came across a nice little stationary Indie etailer called Dear Monday , who carries all kinds of cards from birthday to wedding..wow just what I needed (lol). And, you can also find enclosure cards as well as stationary.

Now, Dai, has a lot more new cards up now than when I bought mine so there's some new blood to choose from. I like Dai's cards because she creates her designs in a way that's both classy and whimsical at the same time. I'm going to post pictures of the two cards I bought so you can see and of course you can goto her website and find a whole lot more. Each card runs about $5 (I bought two and actually I had a discount coupon..you can't shop without first looking for a coupon). The only downside is that you actually have to use your brain to write something inside, as they are all blank..however, I was able to work through that. Most of Dai's cards are embellished with Swarovski crystals, glitter, ribbons, beads and the like. If you look hard enough and can use your brain to write something good inside, I think you'll most definitely find something here that you will like. So here are the two cards that I had purchased for the wedding I went to and for my sister-in-law's birthday....


This picture actually doesn't do the card much justice because you can't see the detail too well. This is a simple, elegant and classy little card and I felt it was truly the best one for my friends on their day.

Here's the birthday card I got for my sister-in-law. It has Swarovski crystals, glitter and some ribbon and was just too cute. I know that she liked it and I did too. I wouldn't mind getting a nice handmade card every now and then. This was a really bright and cheerful image and I thought it was just to cute.


Dai even sent a little extra with my order, this cute little enclosure card with a bright cupcake on it..I haven't used it yet but I'm sure I'll find an occasion sometime soon. And, I'm sure you'll find a card at Dear Monday for your next occasion so why not take a look around.
Oh and if there are any Stationary gals reading this....I plan on having a Best of contest for you all to be announced sometime in early November. Stay tuned!




No comments: