Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Face Scrub That's Gentle

Back in the day I was so paranoid about the skin on my face. I still am. I have blackheads, hyperpigmentation, large pores you name it. I used to use St. Ives apricot scrub and realized it was making things worse (I later found out that it's way too harsh on the skin). So needless to say I laid off the facial scrubs for a long time.

Now I'm in my old age lol no I'm just turning 35 this weekend so no I'm not old. But, my skin is starting to show all those problems that come with aging. I realized that it's time to exfoliate my face once again.


The facial scrub that I am now a huge fan of is The Great Face Polish by Elementals. Now, it has alot of natural ingredients including nuts so those of you with nut allergies should probably stay away (I do recommend some facial scrubs via Avon if you have nut allergies). For those of you without allergies this is a fantastic and gentle scrub. It's made with both brown and white sugars and had Rice Powder (which the description says aids in complexions) and coconut powder (again according to the product descripstion it helps to retain moisture and vital nutrients in the skin). There's also cinnamon, honey, Vitamin E, Grape Seed oil, Sesame oil, Milk, Oatmeal, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Safflower Oil and Sunflower Oil.

When I first opened up the jar I could've sworn there was coffee beans in it. That's honestly what I smelled upon my first sniff. Nope no coffee beans but there is a wonderful nutty fragrance to it as a result of the combination of ingredients. There's no artificial colors or fragrances which is good because those things can be hard on the face.

You really only need a small amount to get your face good and scrubbed. A little does go a long way. But, the results are wonderful. Your skin will feel refreshed, smooth and soft afterwards. The moisturizers leave a nice soft feel after rinsing and I did not feel any oily or greasy residue.

The Great Face Polish is available in several sizes and prices to fit any budget. The 2 oz sells for $3, the 4 oz sells for $5.50, the 8 oz sells for $10 and the 16 oz (as seen in the picture) sells for $18.50.
And, for those with nut allergies I recommend Clearskin® Invigorating Cleansing Scrub from Avon. It has menthol and eucalyptus and anti-bacterial properties. I also use this scrub on days when my skin is having a greasy day. This sells for $4.29 at avon.com.

No comments: