Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sad News: Two Etailers Close Up Shop

UPDATED POST:

It is with a sad heart that I write today. Last week (before I left for vactaion) I found out that one of my favorite stores, Aloha Coconut, closed down. You might remember my post on the fabulous Monoi De Tahiti oil that I raved about. Luckily, she had a couple left over so I bought them up fast. (If you're in a quandry because you got hooked on the Monoi de Tahiti oil, email me cause I'm planning on doing a major search for other vendors so I never run out.) I really loved Aloha Coconut. Jennifer didn't use Parabens or any artificial chemical in her products and she had some really good fragrances (loved the Raspberry Guava). One of the reasons she stated for closing up was because the bath and body online industry is saturated. I kinda agree, but I love shopping at all of them looking for new products and fragrances. It's how I found her store after all. I'm very sad to see Jennifer close up Aloha Coconut, but I have nothing for respect for her and hope that she finds happiness in whatever she does!

The other sad news I received yesterday in an email from Flour City Bakery. You might remember my post on her eye serum and cream that I love. Sadly to say but now Karley is closing up Flour City Bakery. FCB was only up and running since last August and Karley states that being a stay at home Mom and trying to run the business after the kids were in bed was becoming too much for her. I can understand having two boys of my own.

However, I want to relate my dismay at the postings I've been reading over at Makeupalley.com on the bath and body board. Things are being said about the soap at FCB Karley has not been honest. Apparently someone found out that some of the soaps at FCB weren't made by Karley but wholesaled. Whether or not it was stated anywhere on her site that she made all the soaps, I cannot say. I don't memorize the "About me" pages (I do read them, I just don't memorize them) so I can't say that she did or she didn't. I just want to say that I'm disappointed by the way that some of the posts on the MUA B&B board are being written in regard to this and to her charitible donations. If it is true that she had stated she makes all of her soaps, then I do understand that people are upset..but, is there a need for the rude and nasty comments..no, it could be handled differently Now, don't misunderstand me, I respect any and all opinions..because everyone has their own..but, when you let things get nasty and rude cruel then you have to take a step back and really re-evaluate yourself and the situation. I know Karley does make her charitible donations and any questioning about that is really a step beyond what anyone should do. I'm hoping that Karley isn't closing up shop because of these posts. I respect what she does and I wish her all the best in whatever she decides to do.

UPDATE: Karley has opened up an Etsy store to sell her facial care products. Jennifer did open up an Etsy store also but decided to close that up after all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind comments Jen!
I will open up a little shop on etsy but do it more as a hobby and if it turns into more great - if not great too. I just want it to be fun again. I think the way etsy is set up... it will be.

cupcakebeauty.etsy.com
for anyone interested.

P.S. I may still carry Monoi de Tahiti Tiare and even Whipped Shea w/ Monoi so stay tuned! Don't lose heart! :)

*Side Note* I was also sickened by the comments about FCB. I wish all etailers out there nothing but success and happiness! Something we all learned when we were young was to "play nice" I don't understand the drama. It is getting ridiculous!

Ricki said...

Yay, I am happy to hear about the etsy store - I had wanted to order from Aloha Coconut, but was waiting until I needed some new products and then it was too late. I really liked the Mango Tango Skin Shake sample that I got through LC.

Jen said...

Thanks Jennifer for passing on your new Etsy store. Thank God you're still going to be around. I didn't know what I was going to do when I finally run out of Monoi lol. Good to hear you're still gonna be around!!

Jen

fosterscreations said...

Gosh I am sorry to see both of these women close up shop. The bottom line is when it is no longer fun we need to go a different way in our creative journey. I wish both of them luck in whatever they decide to do. I am sure they will be missed.

Jen said...

I just want to update..Jen from Aloha Coconut has decided to close her etsy store too. It's sad, but I wish her the best.